Despite the warm weather we’ve enjoyed lately, winter is still coming. With the cold and its hazards right around the corner, now is the best time to get yourself prepared!
Here are your Winter Safety Kit essentials, according to The Old Farmer’s Almanac:
- Flashlight, plus extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- First Aid Kit
- Bottled water
- Multi-tool (such as a Leatherman Tool or a Swiss Army Knife)
- Road flares or reflective warning triangles
The Winter Essentials:
- Ice scraper
- Collapsible or folding snow shovel
- A bag of sand to help with traction (or bag of kitty litter)
- Hat, warm clothes
- Hand warmers
- Small fire extinguisher
- Tire gauge to check inflation pressure
- Jack and lug wrench
- Gloves, rags, hand cleaner (such as baby wipes)
- Duct tape
- Foam tire sealant for minor tire punctures
- Rain poncho
- Nonperishable high-energy foods such as granola bars, raisins, and peanut butter
- Battery– or hand-crank–powered radio
- Spare change and cash
Making sure your care is stocked and ready can make a winter road issue for from disastrous to mildly annoying. And remember, if you find yourself the victim of an accident, call The Brothers in Law to get you what you deserve, (757) 599-6050.
Types of Damages in a Car Accident Claim
Lawyers often use the term “damages” when discussing car accident-related claims and cases. However, there isn’t just one type of damage that can be pertinent to you if you’ve been in a car crash. Typically, three types of damage could apply economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages. It’s important to understand the makeup of...
Should I Sue a Friend or a Family Member After an Accident?
You’ve been in an accident with a close friend or a family member. It’s a sticky situation because while you are close, there is damage to you or your property. Those damages cost money. An accident is an accident, and you don’t want to be on the hook for something you weren’t responsible for. Suing...
5 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury is something none of us ever want to experience. These injuries are unpredictable, traumatic, and in most cases, expensive. Not only do you have to consider the costly medical bills resulting from your injuries, but you may also have lost wages due to time missed at work and other damages that affect...