Despite the warm weather we’ve enjoyed lately, winter is still coming. With the cold and its hazards right around the corner, now is the best time to get yourself prepared!
Here are your Winter Safety Kit essentials, according to The Old Farmer’s Almanac:
- Flashlight, plus extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- First Aid Kit
- Bottled water
- Multi-tool (such as a Leatherman Tool or a Swiss Army Knife)
- Road flares or reflective warning triangles
The Winter Essentials:
- Ice scraper
- Collapsible or folding snow shovel
- A bag of sand to help with traction (or bag of kitty litter)
- Hat, warm clothes
- Hand warmers
- Small fire extinguisher
- Tire gauge to check inflation pressure
- Jack and lug wrench
- Gloves, rags, hand cleaner (such as baby wipes)
- Duct tape
- Foam tire sealant for minor tire punctures
- Rain poncho
- Nonperishable high-energy foods such as granola bars, raisins, and peanut butter
- Battery– or hand-crank–powered radio
- Spare change and cash
Making sure your care is stocked and ready can make a winter road issue for from disastrous to mildly annoying. And remember, if you find yourself the victim of an accident, call The Brothers in Law to get you what you deserve, (757) 599-6050.
Civil Suits After a Car Accident: Seeking Compensation and Justice
Car accidents are a terrifying situation to find oneself in. The immediate situation needs to be processed and handled, but many car accident victims suffer anxiety and stress following the incident. Many victims require time to heal from their injuries, have medical bills to pay, and need to get their vehicle fixed as well as...
What Should I Do If I’m Offered a Settlement by the Insurance Company?
Accidents can throw a person’s life into chaos, especially severe ones. The aftermath of devastating injuries resulting from someone else’s negligence will include hospital and medical treatment bills as well as possible financial strain from being out of work. When you are injured in an accident and require medical treatment, the at-fault party’s insurance company may...
New Uninsured Motorist Insurance Law Change: What Virginia Drivers Need to Know
On July 1, 2023, a new law took effect that impacts new and renewed motor vehicle insurance policies in Virginia. Drivers should know how this law changes their uninsured motorist coverage and what to look out for when purchasing a new policy or renewing their current one to ensure they are protected.