Despite the warm weather we’ve enjoyed lately, winter is still coming. With the cold and its hazards right around the corner, now is the best time to get yourself prepared!
Here are your Winter Safety Kit essentials, according to The Old Farmer’s Almanac:
- Flashlight, plus extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- First Aid Kit
- Bottled water
- Multi-tool (such as a Leatherman Tool or a Swiss Army Knife)
- Road flares or reflective warning triangles
The Winter Essentials:
- Ice scraper
- Collapsible or folding snow shovel
- A bag of sand to help with traction (or bag of kitty litter)
- Hat, warm clothes
- Hand warmers
- Small fire extinguisher
- Tire gauge to check inflation pressure
- Jack and lug wrench
- Gloves, rags, hand cleaner (such as baby wipes)
- Duct tape
- Foam tire sealant for minor tire punctures
- Rain poncho
- Nonperishable high-energy foods such as granola bars, raisins, and peanut butter
- Battery– or hand-crank–powered radio
- Spare change and cash
Making sure your care is stocked and ready can make a winter road issue for from disastrous to mildly annoying. And remember, if you find yourself the victim of an accident, call The Brothers in Law to get you what you deserve, (757) 599-6050.
5 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury is something none of us ever want to experience. These injuries are unpredictable, traumatic, and in most cases, expensive. Not only do you have to consider the costly medical bills resulting from your injuries, but you may also have lost wages due to time missed at work and other damages that affect...
Teen Driver Risk Factors
Becoming a licensed driver is a significant event in any teen’s life. Unfortunately, it can be terrifying for parents and caregivers. Driving is an enormous responsibility, and it is a task that requires quick decision-making. The reality is that teens are more likely to be in car accidents because of their lack of driving experience....
Safety Tips for Drivers & Pedestrians
More than 125 pedestrians were fatally injured due to motor vehicle accidents in 2021 in the state of Virginia. The total figure of pedestrian fatalities and injuries continues to increase yearly, despite the strict laws and regulations we have in place. Pedestrians and motorists must engage in safe practices while sharing the road to decrease...