Newport News Pharmacy Negligence Lawyers
FREE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE 24/7
We enter the pharmacy with the expectation that the pharmacist will provide the medication we need. When a pharmacist acts negligently, our expectations are thwarted. A moment of carelessness on their part could lead to long-term complications for patients who take the wrong drugs.
Contact our pharmacy negligence lawyers in Newport News for a free case evaluation — send us your information
or call (757) 599-6050 today.
What is Pharmacy Negligence?
Pharmacy negligence, also called pharmaceutical malpractice, involves cases in which a pharmacist fails to issue the correct medication to a patient.
Pharmacists are responsible for working with doctors to evaluate the medical needs of each of their patients, and provide the proper type and dose of medicine to treat their condition. During the process of allotting a prescription, any act of oversight or miscommunication can lead to pharmacy negligence.
A negligent pharmacist can endanger a patient by:
- Not speaking with the patient before providing their prescription, potentially subjecting them to dangerous drug interactions or not warning of the side effects.
- Providing a medication despite a known possible drug interaction.
- Issuing too much or too little of a needed medication.
- Giving a patient the wrong medication (this can be caused by a doctor writing an incorrect prescription as well as a pharmacist’s error).
- Confusing one patient’s prescription with another.
Any instance of pharmaceutical malpractice can result in a patient developing complications, or a worsening of their condition caused by a lack of treatment.
Pharmacists and doctors can be held legally liable for their errors in providing proper medication.
Contact Us to Discover Your Options
A pharmaceutical error can cause a patient to suffer from the severe side effects of using a medication that was not prescribed to them. As a result, a person can incur high medical bills and other expenses that arise because of their newly developed condition. In some cases, pharmacy negligence can be fatal. The Newport News pharmacy negligence attorneys at Huffman & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, PLLC are committed to recovering compensation for the victims of pharmaceutical malpractice.