VIRGINIA BEACH LAWYERS PRACTICING PERSONAL INJURY
SEASONED & SOUND LEGAL ADVICE SINCE 1973
Being involved in an accident that causes injuries can be a traumatic and stressful event, no matter how minor or serious the injuries may be. When you suspect that a negligent party is responsible for your injuries and want to hold them accountable but don’t know the first thing about lawsuits, this time may be even more overwhelming. At Huffman & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, P.L.L.C., we believe in aiding victims in their legal issues because they deserve to receive compensation for their damages without needing to devote the extra time they need to heal by learning about the legal system on their own. With the help of our Virginia Beach lawyers, you may be able to achieve your desired results from your personal injury case.
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT
Being involved in an accident can be jarring and traumatic. As soon as it occurs, it’s over, and if you’re able to think about your next steps, you may feel at a loss as to what to do next. The first thing you should do after being involved in an accident is to get medical treatment for your injuries. You can’t resolve your situation and heal if you don’t seek treatment first.
You need to seek treatment from a doctor if you’re suffering from the following injuries:
- Bruises and abrasions
- Sprains and fractures
- Broken bones
- Severe whiplash
- Brain and head trauma
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Mental trauma
If you have minor injuries and are able, we also suggest documenting every part of your accident. Whether you’ve been involved in a car or truck accident, it’s important to take photos of any property damage, including your injuries, and to collect the information from others involved. Liable parties and their insurance companies want to avoid liability at all costs, which is why it’s important to collect as much evidence as possible. While you may be unsure of how to use the evidence, our team of Virginia Beach lawyers have years of experience in building strategies for cases and know what to do.
After you’ve been treated, you can work with our team to help you file a personal injury claim. We can be with you every step of the way.
OUR PERSONAL INJURY SERVICES
If you’ve been injured, our Virginia Beach office can assist with any roadside accident cases. Our 150+ years of combined experience speaks to our knowledge and successes throughout the years. We’ve helped tens of thousands of clients make it through their cases and move on to lead improved lives, and we can do the same for you, even if you currently feel helpless in your position.
We’ve recovered millions for clients who have been involved in:
- Car accidents: Roughly six million car accidents occur in the United States every year, injuring three million people. Most car accidents are caused by human error and are entirely preventable, which means that if you were injured by another driver, you may be eligible to seek financial compensation. Not all car accident claims are as straightforward as they seem; many drivers and insurance companies attempt to evade liability and shift some of the blame onto the victim, which is why having legal representation is necessary.
- Uber/Lyft accidents: It can be challenging to determine who can be held responsible for negligence in an accident with a rideshare driver. Uber and Lyft classify their drivers as independent contractors in order to distance themselves from liability issues, so in many cases, the drivers’ personal insurance will pay for damages. Rideshare companies have $1 million insurance policies that may be able to cover bodily injury and damage in certain situations.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable individuals when it comes to auto accidents because they don’t have the protection of seat belts or airbags. When they’re struck by vehicles that weigh upwards of 3,000 pounds, they can easily be thrown from their bikes, and serious injuries and fatalities may occur. As a result, motorcyclists typically have higher medical bills and more lost wages.
- Truck accidents: In truck accidents, the drivers and passengers of the other vehicles involved are typically the ones who suffer the most damages. Trucks are large and heavy, so when they get involved accidents, severe, life-threatening injuries often occur. Truck accidents aren’t always caused by the driver; they can also be caused by negligent trucking companies, cargo loaders, manufacturers, and more.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
You do not need to hire an attorney to guide or represent you throughout your personal injury claim because you have the right to manage all proceedings yourself. However, this right is not one that you should exercise in most cases. Insurance companies have experienced teams of defense lawyers ready to strike at your claim, which will be in serious trouble if you are not backed by professionals of your own.
Personal injury attorneys are here to make your life much easier by handling all of the legal and complex aspects of your claim, including those that arise if the case is destined for litigation. From investigating your accident and injuries to calculating damages and arguing liability, our team is ready to do the most for you so you can get the most rest. Do not forget that we offer contingency fee agreements, which allow you to retain our services with minimal financial risk — we do not get paid any attorney fees unless we end your case with a settlement or verdict on your behalf! Plus, our contingency fees are only a percentage of that amount, so you never have to worry about paying more than you can afford for legal services.
MAKE SENSE OF YOUR CLAIM WITH OUR HELP
When you work with us, we don’t charge you any legal fees – we don’t win until you do. We’re devoted to helping you receive compensation for your injuries first and foremost. And as a family-owned legal firm, we never see our clients as numbers. You’re human, with human needs and desires. We aim to serve those needs and consider your wishes every step of the case.
Confused and overwhelmed? Call us for a consultation regarding your personal injury case at (757) 599-6050.