Research shows teens whose parents set rules regarding motor vehicle usage and expectations are half as likely to get into an accident. The following are tips you should share with your teen driver:
TEEN DRIVER SAFETY TIPS
- Set Rules: Consider across-the-board ban of cell phone use in the vehicle, driving curfew, and limit on the number of passengers.
- Prepare the Glove Box: Checklists for accidents, a protocol for pulling over and getting out of the way, who to call, and what not to do.
- Conscious Speed: Teenage drivers are impulsive, natural risk takers. Some need to be taught and reminded how important it is to slow down. Don’t nag!
- Defensive Driving: Enroll new drivers into a defensive driving course. Only through experience and training will they learn.
- Safety is a Choice: Teach your teen to be responsible for his or her safety, as well as the safety of others on the road.
- Speaking Up: Remind your teen they have a right to speak up when someone is driving in a way that scares them. According to NAIC, only 44% of teens do so.
From the National Safety Council: Leading Safety into the Future: Teen drivinghttps://www.youtube.com/embed/SHtseucaPTo
USING HEALTH INSURANCE FOR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
After suffering injuries in a car accident, many people find themselves puzzled concerning who will pay their medical bills and whether they should use their health insurance. This confusion is understandable. The last thing you want to worry about after an auto accident, especially one caused by someone else’s negligence, is whether your health insurance covers your injuries. In...
WHAT KIND OF EVIDENCE WILL I NEED TO FILE MY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM IN VIRGINIA?
If you have been seriously injured by another person’s carelessness, you deserve to be fully compensated. Unfortunately, the insurance companies will do everything they can to protect their bottom line by offering less than you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain, suffering, and inconvenience. Like all legal cases, sufficient evidence is needed for...
ARE POLICE REPORTS NEEDED TO FILE A CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM?
Do you need a police report to file a car accident claim? No, it is not 100% necessary to have a police report when filing your car accident claim. Although, it is greatly beneficial that you do have one. A police report is useful for a car accident claim because: It provides a reputable source that...