Did you know that heatstroke is the leading cause of vehicle death for children and animals left alone? Warmer weather is quickly approaching and our lives are becoming more occupied with daily tasks. Regardless of education status or moral goodness, accidents happen, but accidents can also be avoided.
It may not be the daily routine for one parent to have their child in the car. This can make it understandably easy to forget they are even there, especially if they are peacefully sleeping. This type of scenario happens to a child every 8 days on average. Don’t let this completely avoidable tragedy take part in your life.
Just like children, pets can be hurt when left in cars, even if you crack the window. They have a body of fur that heats them up even quicker. It is best to leave pets at home unless they will be going in and out of the vehicle with you at every stop.
SUMMER SAFETY FACTS AND TIPS TO AVOID ACCIDENTS
- NEVER leave your child or pet alone in the car, not even for a moment.
- Call 911 immediately if you walk by a vehicle and see a child or animal inside.
- Stay beside the car until the issue is resolved.
- If you see that the circumstance cannot be spared another minute, gather witnesses and extract the child or animal from the car.
- Put a large stuffed animal in your child’s car seat when they are not in it. When they are occupying it, put the animal in the front passenger seat as a reminder.
- Put your purse or jacket in the backseat so that it is necessary for you to look back there.
To read further about children left in cars and view the faces of fatalities and close calls, visit Kids & Cars.
For more information on animal safety in cars, visit PETA.
Navigating the Legal Process: From Filing a Claim to Settlement
Serious injuries often represent a hectic and confusing time in the injured person’s life. You may be in pain, have bills piling up, and want to move forward. Naturally, you may ask, “How long does an insurance claim take?” The answer can vary depending on the facts of your claim, your injuries and required treatment,...
Unveiling the Value: Exploring Settlement Amounts in Personal Injury Cases and Car Accidents
When a person suffers an accident or injury, it often leads to financial hardships. The cost of emergency room treatment can easily amount to tens of thousands of dollars. Serious injuries may also cause extended time off from work, resulting in lost wages and even more financial strain. Additionally, the injured victim may have long-lasting...
Can I Sue a Government Entity for a Personal Injury?
Government agencies play an essential role in society. Unfortunately, accidents with employees of government agencies or entities can happen at any time due to a person’s wrongdoings or negligence. Entities or their employees are typically protected from lawsuits under the principle of sovereign immunity, which is the legal doctrine providing that the government cannot be...