Maintaining a car is no cheap feat! Unfortunately, it’s a necessity if you plan on having a car to begin with. To help you save some money on your regular maintenance, we’ve collected these Top 5 tips.
- Find a Mechanic You Like and Stick With Him/Her: Looking for someone new? Try these tips.
- Get Estimates and Shop Around: Don’t forget to get an estimate from yourself. Find out how much it might cost you to do the work yourself (assuming you have base level car tweaking skills to begin with).
- Do Your Own Diagnostics: For less than $20, you can pick yourself up an OBDII, a scanning tool that can translate the lights and beeps your car makes when it’s not feeling up to snuff.
- Do the EASY Work Yourself: Here’s a list of repairs you might want to attempt on your own and how to do them.
- Get Educated or Get Ripped Off: of time and always make sure to check your receipt in case something doesn’t look right.
RAISE YOUR AWARENESS ABOUT DISTRACTED DRIVING
Distracted driving is one of the fastest growing safety issues on the road today. Every day, thousands of people are injured in distracted driving accidents. It only takes a few seconds of taking your eyes off the road for an unfortunate accident to happen. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 3,142 people were...
WHAT IS CONTRIBUTORY NEGLIGENCE AND CAN IT HURT MY PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
Virginia is one of only a handful of states in the country that uses contributory negligence rules when considering personal injury claims. If you’ve been injured in an accident in Virginia, contributory negligence can be a serious problem for you and your case. Under contributory negligence laws, you can lose your entire right to collect financial recovery from...
ROAD TRIP SAFETY TIPS FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
The time between Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day is a busy time of year – both in our personal lives and on the roads. It is also known as one of the most dangerous times to be on the road due to heavy traffic, distracted and drunk drivers, stress, and inclement weather. AAA predicts that...