Motorcycle riding is a very popular hobby that many people enjoy. Since there is such a large population of riders, there are also a lot of bikes on the road. Drivers are often not aware that a motorcycle is nearby and this can lead to accidents. Although riding a motorcycle can be a blast, there are some safety concerns to consider before hopping on. Before choosing to ride, take into account this list of facts.
5 MUST-KNOW FACTS ABOUT MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- Wear Safety Gear at all times. This one is self-explanatory but it’s an important factor to keep in mind at all times. Wearing your safety gear could prevent from death or further serious injuries upon impact.
- Beware of other drivers and blind spots. Drivers cannot see you, even if your bike is loud and brightly colored. It is important to always be aware of the drivers around you and your blind spots because this could prevent an accident.
- Motorcycles are deadlier than cars. This one is also self-explanatory. Motorcycles do not have the metal cage that cars do to shield their riders. You are open and exposed and are more likely to be ejected from the motorcycle.
- There are more than just physical injuries. When you get in a motorcycle accident, you have to take into consideration the emotional trauma that is experienced, medical bills, times spent in the hospital, and missed time from work and your loved ones.
- Most motorcycle accidents occur at intersections. It does not seem logical to most people but there is a lot that occurs at intersections. When the accidents do occur it’s usually the result of someone failing to obey the rider’s rights, not being able to see the motorcycle, violating basic traffic laws or running the stop signs or lights.
It’s good to know your options and the precautions you can take to prevent accidents now and in the future. If you find yourself the victim of a motorcycle accident, call The Brothers in Law at (757) 599-6050.
5 Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury is something none of us ever want to experience. These injuries are unpredictable, traumatic, and in most cases, expensive. Not only do you have to consider the costly medical bills resulting from your injuries, but you may also have lost wages due to time missed at work and other damages that affect...
USING HEALTH INSURANCE FOR CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
After suffering injuries in a car accident, many people find themselves puzzled concerning who will pay their medical bills and whether they should use their health insurance. This confusion is understandable. The last thing you want to worry about after an auto accident, especially one caused by someone else’s negligence, is whether your health insurance covers your injuries. In...
SIX REASONS YOU SHOULD HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
Every day all over Virginia, hundreds of people fall victim to personal injury because of other people’s negligence. Unfortunately, many are unaware that they could be entitled to compensation because of their injuries, and they take no action. Minor injuries may be easy to overcome but more significant injuries can leave you with a mountain...