There’s a lot to do every year on Halloween, but perhaps the most popular activity is the tradition of Trick or Treating. This tradition of going door to door asking for candy has been around since the 1920’s in various forms, and even hearkens back to traditions and customs associated with holidays and celebrations held as far back as the Middle Ages. While originally a time where children would perform innocent acts of mischief if they did not receive treats, the custom has since become about dressing up in fun costumes and sharing candy and fun with the kids in the neighborhood.
While trick or treating is a fond memory of many children there are laws that go with the holiday, which typically vary by State and region. This Halloween trick or treating will be observed on Monday October 31st here in Hampton Roads and will be for children 12 and younger. Below is a list of the timetables and rules for each city to help revelers know when and where they’re allowed to be out.
- Chesapeake– Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and under only, from 6pm until 8pm.
- Hampton– Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and younger from dusk until 8pm.
- Newport News – Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and under, no later than 8pm. Accompanying adults may not wear masks.
- Norfolk – Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and under. Trick-or-Treaters must be off the street by 8pm.
- Portsmouth – Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and under, no later than 8pm.
- Suffolk – Trick-or-Treating for ages 12 and under until 8pm.
- Virginia Beach – Trick-or-Treat begins at dusk and ends at 8pm. for children 12 years of age and younger.
- Williamsburg – Trick-or-Treat for ages 12 and under from 6-8pm.
- York County – Trick-or-Treating will be from 5:30pm until 8pm. Children age 12 or younger may trick-or-treat and should be accompanied by an adult.
New Uninsured Motorist Insurance Law Change: What Virginia Drivers Need to Know
On July 1, 2023, a new law took effect that impacts new and renewed motor vehicle insurance policies in Virginia. Drivers should know how this law changes their uninsured motorist coverage and what to look out for when purchasing a new policy or renewing their current one to ensure they are protected.
The Importance of Documenting Evidence After A Slip And Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents are not just a winter phenomenon caused by ice and snow. They can happen anywhere, at any time, and for various reasons, including the negligence of property owners and managers. These accidents can result in severe injuries and even death, leading to costly medical bills and legal battles. Sometimes a victim...
RAISE YOUR AWARENESS ABOUT DISTRACTED DRIVING
Distracted driving is one of the fastest growing safety issues on the road today. Every day, thousands of people are injured in distracted driving accidents. It only takes a few seconds of taking your eyes off the road for an unfortunate accident to happen. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 3,142 people were...