8 Things to Know Before Renting a Car
Renting a car while you’re out of town isn’t always the most fun part of your vacation or task but you always have to be prepared. Minimize unneeded stress with these easy-to-follow tips:
- Inspect the vehicle before driving off — If you catch something before your trip, you won’t be held responsible for that damage or you may even receive a different vehicle.
- There’s always a place to find discounts — Do your research and you may be able to find a deal.
- Have your own accessories ready for your trip. Some rental companies may charge extra. — Navigation systems, chargers, baby safety car seats, etc.
- Know who’s going to be driving — If you’re the only driver, that will save you the most money and the headache.
- Make sure you have a credit card to secure the car — Having a deposit down for the vehicle is going to save you a lot of trouble.
- Always pay the extra fee for insurance. Accidents happen and you don’t want to pay additional fees to cover whatever could occur. — Your auto insurance or credit card company may be able to cover any damage but you can never be too careful.
- Fuel on your own — Returning the vehicle with less gas than you picked up the car will add additional fees.
- Breathe and enjoy your drive — Simple as that. Once you have all of your precautions covered, you can drive with ease.