NEWPORT NEWS CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS SERVED SUCCESSFULLY
If you’ve been involved in a car accident recently, you’re far from alone. On average, 6 million car accidents occur in the U.S. each year, and of those accidents, around 3 million people are injured. Two million drivers experience permanent injuries every year. Based on a number of common factors, many car accidents are caused by other negligent or careless drivers.
Our car accident attorneys in Newport News believe that those injured due to the negligence of others deserve to be compensated by the responsible parties. If you’re ready to get back on your feet, call Huffman & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, P.L.L.C. to help.
CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons and sometimes involve a combination of reasons. Many accidents, unfortunately, occur at the hands of a negligent driver.
Car accidents can be caused by:
- Distracted driving: This is the most common cause of car accidents, resulting in more crashes than drunk driving and speeding. Distracted driving can include using a cellphone while driving, eating or drinking, or dozing off.
- Speeding: This is illegal behavior that increases the possibility of losing control at the wheel and causing an accident. Also, the faster the vehicle travels, the more potential there is for serious injuries to occur.
- Reckless driving: This includes everything from tailgating other drivers and ignoring road signs to speeding and changing lanes without signaling or looking.
- Drunk driving: When people drive while intoxicated, they can behave recklessly and take longer to react, leading to devastating and even deadly accidents.
COMMON CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Car accidents can cause injuries to virtually any part of the body, depending on the type of impact and speed at which it occurs, among other factors.
Some common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Bruises and lacerations
- Knee injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Scars and facial injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Sometimes car accidents can even result in the loss of limbs, rendering victims permanently disabled. You deserve to be properly compensated for what you’ve had to go through. Our Newport News car accident lawyers are compassionate and devoted to taking care of our clients’ needs first.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
Right after a car accident occurs, you may be in a state of shock and don’t know how to proceed. It’s important to know what to do in order to prevent the situation from getting worse.
First, stay at the scene of the accident—leaving can be considered a crime. Make sure you’re off the road and your car is in park and turned off. Check yourself for injuries—if your injuries aren’t serious, exchange insurance information with the other driver(s).
If possible, you should try to obtain the following information at the scene:
- The names and contact information of drivers and passengers
- The other vehicle’s make, model, and year, as well as license plate number
- Photos of damages to your car and the other driver’s car
- The name of the other driver’s insurance company and their policy number
- The location of the accident
- The police officer’s name and badge number, if they’re at the scene
If you have been injured, it’s important to get to a hospital immediately to be evaluated. Once you’ve been treated, you should contact a lawyer to determine whether you have a personal injury case on your hands. Our car accident lawyers in Newport News offer consultations and can help you consider your next steps.
HOW A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP
Being involved in a serious car accident is frightening. Many accident victims are unsure of how to proceed or what to do to protect their rights. One of the best things you can do is reach out to an experienced attorney who can answer your questions and immediately begin protecting your rights.
When you work with a skilled car accident lawyer, like those at & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, P.L.L.C., you have someone by your side who can advocate for you. The insurance company is not on your side after an accident. In fact, it will likely go to great lengths to dispute, devalue, or even outright deny your claim. An attorney will be able to fight back against these tactics and work to secure the maximum compensation you are owed.
When you trust your case to our firm, we will:
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurer
- Obtain necessary evidence
- Organize medical records and bills
- Organize the evidence
- Negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial
We can handle every legal detail so that you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting back on your feet.
WHY CHOOSE HUFFMAN & HUFFMAN BROTHERS-IN-LAW, P.L.L.C.?
Looking for a personal injury attorney after a car accident can feel overwhelming—but it doesn’t have to be. At Huffman & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, P.L.L.C., we offer a high level of client service and communication. When you choose our team, you get direct, one-on-one attention from your attorney, as well as access to our entire support staff. We know that you are going through a very challenging time in your life. Our team is compassionate, empathetic, and understanding—we are here to listen to your story and learn how we can help.
There are no upfront or out-of-pocket expenses when you work with our firm. Instead, we offer contingency fees, meaning you only pay legal fees if we recover a settlement or verdict for you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have during a free, no-obligation consultation.
For stress-free service and strong legal counsel, call us at (757) 599-6050 today.