Each year, the Car Care Council brings awareness to the importance of regular car maintenance by designating two car care months: one for spring and one for fall. Fall car care is especially important for drivers who intend on operating their vehicles during the winter months, which can produce obstacles like ice and snow. Our team is joining the Council in celebrating Fall Car Care Month this October.
Our team at Huffman & Huffman Brothers-in-Law, P.L.L.C. is proud to celebrate Fall Car Care Month by providing a list of items you should have serviced now to get ready for the colder months ahead. By making sure everything is working properly, you can avoid getting into a car accident in the future.
This month, be sure to bring this list to your technician when you get your car checked:
- Tires: Check your tire pressure and tread depth. If you anticipate snow or ice in your area, you may want to think about getting special tires that are designed for wet or slippery roads.
- Battery: Make sure your charging system and battery is checked, as cold weather is known to be especially hard on batteries.
- Antifreeze/coolant: Every two years, your cooling system should be cleaned and replaced with new antifreeze.
- Windshield wipers: Having your windshield wipers in good condition is important for rainy and snowy days. You may also want to consider winter wiper blades and cold-weather washer fluid. It’s recommended you replace your wiper blades every six months or so.
- Gas, oil, and filters: Every time you service your car, you should have your oil changed at the recommended intervals. Your gas tank should be at least half full during the wintertime to keep moisture from forming and freezing.
It’s also essential that you have an emergency kit prepared all year-round, but you should also update it for wintertime. All kits should have flashlights, blankets, water, jumper cables, and a first aid kit, but during the wintertime, it doesn’t hurt to also pack an ice scraper and snow brush, mittens, socks, and hats, and tire chains and tow straps.
Take Advantage of 4+ Decades of Experience
When you’re suffering from the pain of your injuries and the stress of medical bills after a car accident, you may feel helpless. Fortunately, our attorneys are available to relieve you of these burdens, so you only have to focus on one thing: healing. Having served thousands of clients as a firm, we have the experience, resources, and compassion needed to pursue the financial compensation you deserve when a negligent driver causes you harm.
When we get started on your case, we can immediately investigate your accident and gather the evidence we need to support your claim. We can also handle communication with insurance adjusters, file your claim in a timely manner, and calculate just how much you deserve. We’ve recovered millions in damages that include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. Your future is safe with us to support you.
Injured in a car accident? Reach out to our team at (757) 330-3425, or contact us online if you’re ready to see results. With more than 45 years of experience as a firm, we have what it takes to help our clients reclaim their lives after a traumatic accident.