What to Do If You're Injured in an Accident
Oftentimes, people do not know what to do after being injured in an accident. While it’s natural to get flustered when involved in an accident, it is very important to keep calm. Let this list serve as a guide for you after an accident occurs. Knowing the correct procedures gives you the upper hand after an accident.
What to do if you’re injured in an accident
- Call the police.
- Seek medical attention if necessary.
Contact Huffman & Huffman immediately at (757) 330-3425.
- Take photos of the damage. These photos will be very important for proving the fault of the accident.
- If possible, write down names and numbers of witnesses. They will be critical in validating any statements that you or the other parties involved in the accident make.
- Keep copies of medical records, bills, and notes of related expenses.
- Most importantly, do not give any information to the other person’s insurance company.
Keep these steps in mind and you should have nothing to worry about after being injured in an accident except for getting better.