We all know accidents happen. However, by staying committed to practicing safe driving, many common roadway incidents can be avoided. Keep these safety tips in mind every time you get behind the wheel. And, if you do ever find yourself the victim of an accident, call The Brothers in Law, 757-318-4085.
A vehicle driver should always follow these tips:
- Avoid changing lanes.
- Always make a signal while passing other vehicle
- Turn your head to check for mirror blind spots for other traffic once in a while.
- Maintain a three to four second distance between the vehicle you are driving and the vehicle in front of you.
- When entering crosswalks, railroad crossings and intersections, look in both directions to confirm presence of pedestrians.
- Remember to always scan controlled intersections for oncoming cross traffic and not rely only on traffic signals.
Other things to remember are:
- Avoid aggressive driving
- Always be courteous and patient to other drivers by not taking other driver’s actions personally.
- Reduce your stress by planning ahead of time what route you want to take.
- Bring maps and directions.
- Make sure that your tires are properly inflated since tires bear the weight of the vehicle as well as of the vehicle contents. Properly inflated tires also reduce fuel consumption.
- Slow down when roads are wet or slippery and always train your eyes to anticipate the path ahead or just focus as far ahead as you can see either during night or day driving.
*Information from CrashTest.org